Monday, January 26, 2015

Frosted Designs Friday Challenge

What Direction?

This challenge was to design a piece that incorporated 'direction'. Literally or creatively, it was up to the individual.

I decided to to try and keep it simple so that any level of crafter would feel comfortable trying to create their own inspiration.

I made an inspirational note card - size: 4.25" x 5.5"




I began by cutting a piece of black cardstock to 8.5" x 5.5". I scored it down the center and set it aside until I made front of the card.




Then, I cut a piece of white card stock to 3.75" x 5" and embossed it with my BRAND NEW Cuttlebug and the swiss polka dot embossing folder to use as the front of the card. I lightly inked over the dots and distressed the edges with graphite black ink. 
I took a kite embellishment that I picked up on sale at Michael's (12 for $2) and using my black Copic marker, I outlined the egdes of the kite's bows and then dotted the string to make it look striped. I attached the kite to the card front with Aileen's Tacky Glue




I attached the white card stock to the black card base front with my ATG (adhesive tape gun).




Using a scrap piece of black card stock, I used clear letter stamps (U and P), Versamark ink and White embossing powder to create the word 'UP". I cut them out individually leaving a little of the black card stock as a border.





You know the corrugated cup holders they put around your hot coffee at starbucks? Well, I save those :) I took one apart and cut 2 pieces as background trim for my lettering pieces. More scrap black card stock was cut just a little smaller then the corrugated pieces and I glued the black to the kraft back pieces. I wrote on them using my Sakuro white gel pen.





Looking at the card for placement of the individual pieces FOR A LONG TIME, I finally decided how I wanted to put it all together. Lastly, I decided to add white dots to the frame of my card front for a finshed look.




I'd love to see YOUR take on creating an inspirational card for someone special.

T




5 comments:

  1. Great card - I love the inking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lori. Cards are a little out of my element, so I really enjoyed this. I am definitely going to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lori. Cards are a little out of my element, so I really enjoyed this. I am definitely going to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and the grungy UP! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your detail work is wonderful! This is a striking and fun card! A great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete