Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Byrd Street Studio: Altered Wine Bottle Class

This past Wednesday, a couple girls came to the studio to learn one method of altering a wine bottle.

I had already prepared the bottles first by washing them and removing labels and then applying 2 coats of white gesso.



This class turned out to be just two ladies, Karen and Ranelle. They decided to start with a crackle base layer. 

One applied a base coat of Paynes Gray and the other chose a Dark Fushia.


We used the glue method for the crackle. Then using gel medium, the ladies applied their napkins. 

Ranelle used a napkin with shells and Karen chose a floral.



When they were done, they cut designs out of the napkins and made tags to hang off the neck of their bottles. How cute are these?


A couple girls couldn't make the class, so it looks like we may have another one before the end of the year.

Thank you for following my art and life journeys.









9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. I thought they did a fabulous job and they were definitely happy with the results.

      Delete
    2. Those are wonderful! I hope both ladies were tickled with their projects!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Von and Pam. I was truly delighted at how they came out and the girls were quite proud. Most importantly for me, I had such fun helping them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really did turn out so nice, thank you, Sharon.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandee. I think they did a fabulous job on these.

      Delete