Saturday, May 14, 2016

Step By Step Collage

This was a Life Book lesson, taught by Roxanne Coble,  that I so thoroughly enjoyed that I am contemplating doing another painting using most of the same techniques.

Roxanne challenged us in many areas of this piece with planning, choosing collage pieces, color choices and personal reflection. In the end,  the painting was much more than I thought it was going to be when I began.

The following images were taken at various steps of my piece. With each step, I was a fraid to mess up all that I loved of the previous step. As I saw each layer become 'more', I seemed to get more involved myself in the culmination of a finished painting.

Needless to say, the process of this piece made this one of my favorite lessons so far.


Choosing the collage pieces



Laying down the first 3 of only 5 paint colors 
4th paint color and adding marks




Adding  the last paint color



Finished piece... I LOVE it!
The collage pieces added and areas defined


















Thank you for stopping by and sharing in my art journey.

Tommy Jo






No comments:

Post a Comment