Saturday, July 16, 2016

Cross Country Trip: Utah to the Byrd Street Studio in Florida

In May, I returned to Utah to bring the rest of my belongings to my new home in Florida. It was a lot of work and a LONG ride in a U-Haul.

Most of the following pictures were posted on instagram and were taken as Kirk drove and I enjoyed the scenery.

I drew this on the plane en route to Utah to begin the journey.



Got to see my girls and my great nephew

Me, Kathy, the Brekkster, Barbara and Sharee


Spent a week dragging everything down to the garage, packing and measuring to make sure it would all fit in the 10 ft truck.



They gave us a 14 ft truck, so I had plenty of room... and a ramp... yay.



We started our journey and before we even left Ogden, we had to replace a tire which put us about 5 hrs behind. So glad to finally be on the road.

Ogden, Utah

Wyoming is not necessarily full of horse ranches and prairies of roaming Bison, but beautiful, none the less.

Vedauwoo, WY

And you can get COFFEE on the road ANYTIME !!!

Cheyenne, WY

The whole state of Nebraska... yup, pretty much!

Sutherland, NE

We actually passed four Harley Davidson shops that you could see from the highway, but I only got one clear picture from a moving U-Haul. It was here in Nebraska's capitol, Lincoln.

Frontier Harley Davidson

As we entered Iowa and ended our eastward journey, the Missouri River.

Missouri River

Google maps took us pretty much straight east and then SOUTH, yay. Actually see Florida from here... lol I added the direction sign to this photo cuz I was so excited. Kansas City, here we come!

Kansas / Missouri State Line

I got a little confused as to what state I was in for about an hour... Kansas, Missouri, Illinois... That little corner messed up my geography as I once knew it...LOL This cable bridge connects Downtown St. Louis to southwestern Illinois.

Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge

AND THE RAINS CAME.... other than windshield wipers and rainy and blurry pictures in Kentucky 

Four Rivers Harley Davidson, Paducah, KY

the next pictures came when we got to Tennesee. 

Nashville, TN

Tennesee was the most beautiful state. I truly would love to go back and spend some time there. As we neared Chattanooga...

Tenesee River near Chattanooga

For those of you who want to see artsy pictures, I tried drawing in the truck as we drove. It was not funny how frustrating it was with every bump and turn. I managed to get this quick sketch done and decided I am not a plein air artist.. haha



And then... Georgia... this is the picture of us waving au revoir to downtown Atlanta.

Downtown Atlanta, GA

Oh my heck, you can't imagine the excitement when we reached my home state!!!

Georgia/ Florida State Line

Arrived at the Byrd Street Studio at about 1am. Parked the U-Haul and trailer and only took in what we needed to sleep and hit the pool in the early AM !!!
WooHoo... Home Sweet Home



I am trying to get back to work in the studio and participate in classes I am taking, but after the trip I have had much wanted company. Family is most important to me, so work and play have been put aside. 

I look forward to sharing all the goings on post trip, but hope you enjoyed the cross country journey with me. My only regret is that the situation did not allow me to stop and visit or meet friends along the way.

Thanks for coming along on the recap of my trip. Did I happen to drive by your house and didn't know it???????























3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we missed each other in Florida but you wouldn't have wanted to stop anyway after that long drive and being almost home. One day I hope we meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... sometimes it seems "so close and yet so far away". I already have a notebook full of questions for you :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete