Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Etsy Shop - Ya Ya Scrap and Print

When I'm not creating scrapbook pages or making soap, I think.

Thinking is usually emotional for me as I am in the last quarter of my life. Those my age will totally understand this.

I do a lot of reflecting on my past and a lot of projecting about my future.  What makes me happy and how do I want to " close my life."

In my reflections (that thinking that I do a lot of), I always know that creating makes me happy. I am inspired by my family and I want to create something for them. I am inspired by other crafters and artists and I want to create like them.

Mixed media art, for me, was born out this reflection. But,... I only shared my pieces with friends and family.

After much encouragement, however, (though lacking in actual courage), I took a leap out of my comfort zone and listed prints of my Whimsical Girlz on Etsy.

The real decision was made after my sister, (Tracy) quoted Emerson to me on the phone. She said, "Every artist was once an amateur." The very next day, one of my favorite mixed media artists (also whose name is Tracy) posted this exact quote on her fb page. Puhleeeese people, I can take a hint when its offered by two people I truly admire.

So...Yup... I actually opened a shop to share my art. Each girl has an inspirational message that I was inspired to create her from.

The more I 'think' , the more paintings I will create. Yay me!

Check out my shop...each view gives me more encouragement...each favorite helps me believe.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/YaYaScrapandPrint

Ya Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment