Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Tree Disaster/Recovery

I had to work the day after Thanksgiving, but came home to find that my grandkids had put up the Christmas tree, so I was very excited to see it was done. Later that night I saw a huge wad of lights tucked behind the tree. It seems that half of that string of lights didn't work, so... kids being kids, they just let it lie on the floor behind the tree. And I, being me,  had to see if I could fix the lights and get them off the floor and on the tree.

It didn't take long for me to realize that something was wrong. The lights were hot to the touch. I knew I could just unplug them and replace them, but I panicked at what could have happened. I guess I thought that if something went wrong with the lights,, they would just go out. When I realized they didn't,  I kind of became frantic. Ok, for a few minutes a was a raving lunatic trying to get the lights off the tree.

I spent a couple hours trading out bulbs to see if I could find the defective one, but then came upon a whole string that had every bulb blown ( they were black). By this time it was 4:30 am and I was too tired to try to fix anything. I figured I'd get some sleep and figure out what to do in the morning (well, later in the morning).

The disaster recovery plan was to trash ALL of the old lights and get new ones. So, off to Target I went. I bought some pretty soft white led lights and a couple boxes of jewel tone color lights.

I came home and replaced the lights and the grandkids put all the decorations back on. It's beautiful again!

No comments:

Post a Comment