- I am an artist because mixed media is subjective.
- Current creators of "any" art are artists, no exceptions.
- No longer are artists considered as such strictly due to a mastery of a specific media ( watercolor, oil, etc)
- You needn't be gifted in drawing to be an artist.
- The only requirement of being a mixed media artist is the use of more than one media.
If it weren't for these truths, I would still be working a job I never felt valued for.
I would still feel as though my art was not worthy of showing to anyone.
I would believe to my core that my art has no value and the time I invest in creating it is just wasted time. I would have given up on my desire to teach and invest in others to develop their artistry.
I believe in these truths.They are what allow me to create art each day and progress in my desire to create more inspiring art for myself and others.
Here are a few pieces from my chronological art journey. Should I have given up on my art three years ago?
My first mixed media piece
Thank you for following my journey and hopefully I have inspired you to create your own art, without any doubt that you, too, are an artist.