Saturday, October 15, 2016

Repurposed Canvas: Dream

Once upon a time....
I started to create a canvas using a technique I saw used by another artist that I admire very much. No matter how hard I tried, I could not produce the outcome I wanted. So, I put the canvas aside in the pile of unfinished art.

That's it on the top of the pile.
 I have pulled it out many times trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it. 


The other day I wrote in my task list to use that canvas and complete the painting. As usual, I procrastinated and by midday I had completed all of my other tasks except THAT ONE.

I was determined, however, so first I covered the previous attempted art with a layer of joint compound. I used the excuse that it had to dry to put it off yet again. 

Yep, I moved that "task" to the next day. I am not sure why, but it had become just that, a task.

Fast forward to the next day.....

Rested and determined, I added a coat of gesso to the canvas. Once that was dry, I began a background with some gelatos and a collage of vintage papers. 

All of a sudden, it was no longer a task... Here are a few pictures I snapped as I created a piece I love!!!









 Thank you for following along in my life and art journeys.







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. I actually love her and the process. Sure took me long enough of looking at that canvas, though.

      Delete
  2. It turned out so awesome!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. I have never painted over anything before and I think my disappointment in the first painting is the reason it took so long for me to attack this project. That said... I love her, too!

      Delete