Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Byrd Street Studio Update: Hint of Asian and more...

I always want to share snippets of what is going on in the studio, but I am not comfortable as a writer. It's difficult for me to write blog posts. I just want to show pictures. If I was a writer of books, they would most likely be picture books :)

Last week, I was working on a painting and it really evolved over days.

First of all, I received some wonderful paints from ColourArte and I wanted to try them. Look at these gorgeous colors.


I wanted to use this paint on a girl's hair, so that's where this painting began.  I created a background with Dylusions paints as I love the bright colors. 


Then, I drew a girl's face and gave her a light coppery hair color with my Vivid  Ultra Metallics  in Ginger Peach. 



Using scraps of paper, I began adding them to create a dress, but I soon saw a kimomo in the collage. I decided to move forward and continue with an Asian influence by adding a semblance of Japanese houses. The houses and the green hills were also painted with the Vivid Ultra Metallics from ColourArte.




I need to practice drawing hands. My girls are not realistic, so hands need not be either, but I think the end result here was acceptable. 

Oh my heck, you'll never guess what I got this morning!!!!!! Yup, more free (on the side of the road) furniture for transformation!  Actually, my neighbor knocked at my door to let me know that another neighbor had put them out for trash.


I feel blessed that my friends love the furniture I have repurposed so much that they are keeping an eye out for me. 

UPDATE:  
Everyday, I try to add a few more originals to my Etsy shop, so please stop by and take a look. Christmas is right around the corner, so now is the time to shop for friends and family.

As always, thank you for following in my life and art journeys.



No comments:

Post a Comment