Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Studio and Life Update

Its been such a long time since I have had a chance to update here.

My daughter in law is fighting her battle with breast cancer with such grace. This week she will have her 7th (of 8) treatment. They changed her chemo drugs after the first four treatments and this drug comes with a whole new set of side affects. Where the last drugs caused her to be sooo tired, this drug is causing pain and she is unable to sleep through it. That said... Look how beautiful this fighter is!!!!



A long time ago, I received some requests from friends that lived far away, to make an online class for their kids. So, recently, I have been working on a kids/beginner mixed media class. This is my first time making a tutorial video, so you can imagine my stress level just trying to figure it all out. Of course, whatever CAN go wrong , HAS gone wrong.

I had to figure out how to record, edit, make an intro... and of course right in the middle of me slamming this new endeavor, my computer stopped working. Literally wouldn't boot to windows. I thought I lost all of that work as well as all my personal files. I was really freaking out.

Black Hole Makers (a local pc repair shop) was able to get my pictures, working files, and personal documents backed up before having to install a new hard drive. They are the BEST!

Once I got my computer back home, I spent the weekend loading some of my programs back on.
I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT PHOTOSHOP! I lost Office, and no longer have the disk, but I was able to download Open Office and for the few things I use it for, I think I can survive with this.



Did I tell you???? I took a part time job at our local Staples. I am working in the Copy Center a few days a week. Having worked in a copy/print shop for 17 years, I should do well at this job. I hope all goes well and I can keep this job for a while. Its about a mile from my house and is giving me the opportunity to get out and socialize a bit as well as help customers with their print needs which is extremely satisfying.

I have painted a little in my art journal and if you follow me on Instagram or my Facebook business page, then you have probably seen these already.




Well, I think I need to get back to video recording and getting this class completed. I have a young lady who is taking the class as a demo and her is going to give me feedback to see if I am going in the right direction. Ill let you know, when I get it finished!

As always, thank you for following my life and art journeys. 

2 comments:

  1. Your dil is beautiful and so are your art journal pages. Happy to hear you are doing well, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't had a minute to blog or do much art... Can't wait for life to get back to normal. Yesterday, we got the news that lymph nodes are clear!!! Miss you too, and you look so busy as well.

      Delete