Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Video 101

I watch art videos on You Tube constantly. I always thought it was so cool that artists filmed and posted regularly. It meant that I never had to wait for different content.

Holy Moly...... I can honestly say that I am in awe of those artists who share weekly or "oh my goodness" DAILY ?????

I just started making videos of my art in progress and getting it to work all together is quite daunting.

Filming on my iPhone is not too hard once I realized I needed to put it in airplane mode. It was frustrating to film and then have an interruption. It seems simple , but to a beginner it is not. Added to that, I just got my first iPhone about a month or so ago, so there is truly a learning curve here.

I still have Windows 7, so I am using Movie Maker to edit my videos. It's an easy program to use, but to make them shorter, I cut a lot and speed them up ALOT!! Editing takes me about 2 hours or more.

Once the Movie Maker project is complete, it takes about an hour to save to a video Mp4.

Because my computer is old, when I want to save a project to a video, I have to prop a fan behind the computer to keep the fan inside cool.


That said, I am not complaining, just hoping that other beginners know they are not alone in the struggle. I hope that experienced video creators will be entertained knowing they were a beginner once as well.

I am trying to create a series based on the book,  For Colored Girls, that I read a LONG time ago. 



So, here's the link to my newest video. For Colored Girls: Girl in Yellow


Thank you again for following my life and art journeys.







No comments:

Post a Comment