Friday, May 22, 2015

String Art: Not What You Remember

There are a lot of people creating some awesome zentangles and zentangle dangles out in the art world. You can see some very creative ones on Pinterest  or you can visit Zentangle.com and see what all the craze is about.

I tried drawing a few and I don't seem to have the creativity to make something that is pleasing to the eye. I will continue to try though :)

This week I combined my love for the look of inked aluminum, my new Dylusions paints and another try at dangles, but a little different as I did not draw them.

I began with a 9" x 12 " canvas and painted it with Dylusion's paints. I love, love, love their vibrant colors!


Next, I hand cut some hearts out of aluminum cans. I ran them through the Cuttlebug to emboss them and I inked them with colors that matched my canvas.


I then cut paper hearts out of a turquoise paper and adhered the aluminum hearts on top of the paper ones. I used twine and ephemra to complete a simple Zen Dangle canvas.



LOVE IT!

As always. I thank you for stopping by and would welcome your comment on this piece.

T





No comments:

Post a Comment