Sunday, November 29, 2015

Mixed Media Catch Up

Hi Everyone!
Thought I would take a minute and post what has been going on around here in the last couple of weeks.

As you know, my move to Florida is fast approaching. I expect to begin my cross country drive on Dec 8th. I have a class booked for the 5th, so I have to fulfill that commitment before I can leave.

My last work day at my day job was November 20th. After 17 years of going to the same place every day, it was bittersweet to walk out the door for the last time.

This does, however, mean that my new journey is about to begin.

Packing  and trying to live normally makes it difficult to settle in and do much art, but I have a few things that some of you may have already seen on Facebook. I thought I would take a moment to share them here.

This piece, like most, was created late at night. I had  "Urban Angel" in my head and this is what came out on the canvas.

This next picture was done in my journal. It was my first attempt at creating palm trees.


First, I tried making the trees with a fan brush on paper. I couldn't believe that they came out as well as they did. I actually had no self criticism. I liked them :)



Then I made a background and added trees based on what I had practiced. Again, I liked them.


Lastly, I added a boat because I have a block about empty space.


With Florida so prevalent on my mind, this next piece is also rather tropical. Usually, I will create a background first, but in this journal page it was added after I created this girl.



This next journal page is a sketch that had more to do with what I was feeling than what I was drawing.


To the right of the girl, I sketched the first male face I have ever tried.


Another journal page with tropical colors.





And lastly, I painted this picture on a piece of scrap paper. It is watercolor and colored pencils.


That should just about catch you up on what I have been 'arting' lately. I will post pictures of the class I am teaching on the 5th once the girls complete their paintings. 

As always, thank you for staying with me this long and for supporting and encouraging me in my art journey.

T








No comments:

Post a Comment