Wednesday, September 14, 2016

No Procrastination the Last Few Days For This Girl

One of my biggest challenges is procrastination. I own it, but some days I can't avoid it. I make a list that is doable and yet I manage to stay busy getting everything else done except the tasks on my small list. So, I add those to my list for the next day. Which, I don't complete, so I add them to the next day and so on and so on. The worst part is that they are not things that I dislike doing.

Then, I have days that I underestimate the time it will take to get things done and I work furiously and don't complete them. So, I add them to my list for tomorrow. Which, then puts tomorrows list at bay.

What the heck is this???? This, friends, is the story of my life.

However, there has been no procrastination the last few days for this girl. I have been busy and I am getting her done!

Since Sunday evening.......

I found prints of my artwork and made cards out of them. This took me about a day and a half. I added them to some notecards I made in NC and my card rack is filling up. I even sold four cards by just talking about making them.






 Our Mixed Media Wine Bottle class is coming up soon, so I managed to soak the labels off the bottles and they are ready to have the gesso applied. I am going to complete this step myself in order to keep the class time reasonable.




Believe it or not, I have started working on "The Chair" !!! I finished sanding it and I have two coats of primer on the legs. 





I am hand painting the first 2 coats of primer. I will flip it over and get the top primed and then one or two coats of spray primer before I begin to paint it. The table in the picture will also get painted, but I have to glue some loose legs first.

And, last but not least, I have all the aluminum flowers and leaves cut for my class on Saturday. 


And let us not forget, I even got this post written on time :)

Thank you as always for following along in both my life and art journeys.






5 comments:

  1. My goodness TommyJo! You certainly have gotten things done! Good for you!! It's fun to see and hear of your activities - thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing and seeing photos of the classes you've got coming up! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Von. Sorry I didn't see your comment before this. I am getting ready to write a post for Saturday that will recap the last class I had, so stay tuned and always thank you for following my journey.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, drinking all that wine in the name of art! lol Love it! You are doing such a super job, having classes, selling your art! WTG!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandee and I'd like to take some credit for emptying the wine bottles, but my sister gets all the credit for that!!

      Delete